Saturday, June 4, 2011

wine

So my wine guide - from the closeout bin at B&N - said Napa wines tend to be overpriced, due to the cachet, and they only make a few whites (I'm mis-paraphrasing, but, whatever). So I decided to ask for a not too steep Napa white. The guy at Total Wines was really helpful, which surprised the heck out of me, since I was at my nerdy-slob worst, and showed me this, for $20. It's not my idea of a great white (having now tasted it, drunk a glass and a half), but it's fancy tasting, and fancy looking, so I like it.

The idea, I'm saying, is to live like a millionaire. What difference does it make if you actually are one? Well, OK, maybe it makes a difference, but you can still do it. Crusty bread. Real cheese. Mayonnaise. A fancy wine at a moderate price.

What's the key to a fancy wine? It has a real cork.

Maybe you can read the label, if you click on the image.

Note the cloth napkin. For proper usage, you need to boil them after laundering. Note the wooden desert plates and forks. Yeah, it's showy, but it's also real. I say that makes a difference.

Live like a millionaire. I'm doing it on the super-cheap. That's no joke. It's possible. Live like a hippie millionaire. Think about how to help the poor. Don't be a racist. Don't pay any attention to the marxists (except to appreciate their fine finesse with language, and to be apprised of what they're saying - about decontextualization, and what not -, even if it's bull).

No comments:

Post a Comment